[LDM #GLG-935498]: CONDUIT GFS data

Hi Hsie,

I've been looking over the setup on rainbow, and I found that some McIDAS
actions run out of pqact were not working/working correctly.  The one
that I fixed today could result in thousands of 'batch.k' invocations
being kicked off in rapid order (weird), and, even though they were not
running much if anything, the load on the system would go up.

The other thing I noticed is that the McIDAS installation is very old,
the original v2009 installation.

The other thing that we would like to see is for the LDM queue size
to be doubled if possible (10G -> 20G).  Increasing the queue size
will help cut down on receipt and re-processing of products that
were already received, and this, in turn, would/should cut down
the load average during peak data volume receipt times.

Questions:

- do we have your permission to increase the LDM queue size?

- do you want me to install a current release of McIDAS-X and
  its decoders?

Ticket ID: GLG-935498
Department: Support IDD