[IDD #AQC-617871]: Local Data Manager Question: UCSD aeolus not pulling data

Hi Mary,

re:
> I am home - logged onto a UCSD linux machine and from there went to aeolus.
> Thus I was able to log into aeolus because I was on the UCSD subnet.

OK, thanks.  This eliminates the network interface on aeolus as being the
problem.

re:
> It was a network problem - aeolus was blocked on July 25th (the notice went
> to Larry Riddle who retired 7 or 8 years ago). Nice.

Not ;-)

re:
> They are still working on a subnet restart to get us back.

Excellent!

re:
> Since we're not back yet I can't ftp (i.e. ftp ftp.unidata.ucar.edu).

OK.

re:
> I'm not the "true" system administrator on aeolus so the path is not set
> correctly to see /sbin (thus had to remember to use /sbin before service!).

Interesting...

re:
> I'm off in 10 minutes for a class - will recheck tonight but suspect once
> UCSD figures out the problem with getting us back on the network we'll be
> fine.

Sounds good.

re:
> I'll write tomorrow to confirm!

Thanks!

re:
> Have a great evening and thanks again for all the help!

No worries and you too!

Ticket ID: AQC-617871
Department: Support IDD