[IDD #HGX-774709]: LDM support

Hi Kevcin,

re:
> Thank you for the quick response.

No worries.

re: what is it you want to do with the data you are receiving
> I haven't been able to do anything with the data I am requesting because
> I haven't been able to save the data.

Yes, I understand.  The question is what you want to do with the data.
This will shape how you will configure your LDM to save the data that
is being received.

re: what version of the LDM did you install?

> I have ldm-6.13.4

Very good.  It should be the case that LDM logging will work without
much effort.  The LDM log file for a "standard" installation (again,
one where the user has not altered settings in the LDM registry
file, ~ldm/etc/registry.xml) should exist in the ~ldm/var/logs
directory, and it should be named ldmd.conf.

re: what datastreams are you REQUESTing?

> I am requesting HDS, UNIWISC, IDD|DDPLUS, WMO and NIMAGE

OK.

re:
> I want to be able to interpret and work with the data I am receiving by
> the use of the decoders

Which decoders?

re: are you using/intending on using a Unidata visualization and
> analysis package?

> GEMPAK and McIDAS
> I have them both installed, they  compile correctly

OK, now that we know that you want to use GEMPAK and McIDAS, we can better
advise
you on what you need to do to save the data so that it is usable by both
packages.

re:
> yet I do not see the data being saved anywhere.

This is understandable.  What you need to do now is setup your LDM to
process the data you are receiving in ways that can be used by GEMPAK
and McIDAS.

Let's start with GEMPAK.

The procedure for configuring the LDM to file/decode data for use in GEMPAK
is discussed in:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Software -> GEMPAK
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/

    Documentation
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/#doc

      Configuration for the LDM
      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/doc/configuration.html

We can talk about setting up your system for McIDAS-X after you are
setup for GEMPAK.

By the way, our next series of training workshops will be held October 17 -
November 4, 2016.
It would be a good idea for you or someone else at UCR (Marcial has already
attended
Unidata training workshops) to attend the workshop sessions on the packages you
want to use.  The workshops provide a very good overview of what one needs to do
to get going with the package(s) of interest.

Ticket ID: HGX-774709
Department: Support IDD