[LDM #FGZ-978731]: LDM installation and configuration at USNA

Hi Alex,

re: how much space is left on the file system to which LDM processes are
writing output?  Please send the output of 'df -h'.*

> [ldm@edmapsserver ~]$ df -h
> /dev/mapper/vg_edmapsserver-lv_root
> 2.0T  1.9T   16M 100% /

OK, this is a smoking gun -- your root file system is full.  All bets
are off at this point!

Since the data being received and processed by the LDM is being written
to /data, the indication is that data scouring is likely to not be
running/working.  If this is indeed the case, I recommend:

- stopping your LDM (if it is running)

  <as 'ldm'>
  ldmadmin stop

- manually cleaning up your disk

  The simplest thing to do would be to:

  <as 'ldm'>
  cd /data/ldm/pub
  rm -rf *

  NB: this will likely take quite a bit of time

- restarting the LDM

  <as 'ldm'>
  ldmadmin start

- looking into why data scouring is not working

re:
> So it looks like a disk size issue.

I would say 'looks like a disk space issue', not 'disk size issue.

re:
> Bonnie Lucas looking into this now...

OK.

re:
> would it be possible to talk over the phone for a couple minutes between
> now and 3:30 EDT today?

Sure.  I am in my office, so I can be reached at 303.497.8642.

Ticket ID: FGZ-978731
Department: Support IDD