[IDD #TBM-534874]: Upstream LDM Contact Information

> IDD Support:

Hi Jim,

> My name is Jim Brown and I manage the LDM system for the Department of
> Geography at Michigan State University.  I am in the process of retiring
> an old server and due to the IP/hostname change, I may need to notify my
> upstream sites of the pending changes:
>
> Current System
> - hostname:  accas.geo.msu.edu
> - ip:        35.8.15.81
> - os:        SunOS 5.9 (sparc)
> - ldm:       6.0.14
>
> New System:
> - hostname:  ldm.geo.msu.edu (anvil.geo.msu,edu)
> - ip:        35.8.15.82
> - os:        RHEL 7.3
> - ldm:       6.13.6
>

> I haven't had the need to contact any of my upstreams sites in quite a
> long time and am seeking updated contact information. From my current
> 6.0.14 installation:
>
> Primary Feed:
> - site:     idd.aos.wisc.edu
> - feed:     UNIDATA|FSL ".*"

Wisc:

Pete Pokrandt
poker @ meteor.wisc.edu
608-262-3086

> Alternate Feed:
> - site:     flood.atmos.uiuc.edu
> - feed:     UNIDATA|FSL ".*"

UIUC:

David Wojtowicz
idd @ atmos.uiuc.edu
217-333-8390

> Conduit Feed:
> - site:     idd.aos.wisc.edu
> - feed:     CONDUIT "/rap"
>
> *NLDN Feed:
> - site:     striker2.atmos.albany.edu
> - feed:     NLDN ".*"

Albany: (for NLDN)..if needed

support @ atmos.albany.edu

David Knight
knight @ atmos.albany.edu 518-442-4204

> NDFD/RTMA (NPORT) Feed:
> - site:     idd.unidata.ucar.edu
> - feed:     NPORT ".*"

We have the changes in place here at Unidata to accommodate the new machine.

> *NOTE: The NLDN feed is no longer needed.
>
> I would like to run the LDM software concurrently on both of my systems
> (accas.geo, ldm.geo) until I am sure that the new system (ldm.geo) is
> configured and collecting data properly.  Once the new system is
> completely online, the old system (accas.geo) will be retired.
>
> In any event, I am writing to determine if I am allowed to request feeds
> for the new system that is being setup (ldm.geo).  If these new feeds
> will originate from my existing upstream feeds, do I need someone from
> Unidata to request this for me or may I contact my upstream sites
> directly?

You should contact upstream sites directly with the contact info provided
above, that information was pulled from:

Also, do you feed any other machines, if so, it would be courteous to inform
downstream sites of any changes :)

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/idd/sitelist.html

...for future reference.

 If the latter, can someone provide me with updated contact
> information for the following LDM servers:
>
> - idd.aos.wisc.edu  (new ALLOW needed)
> - flood.atmos.uiuc.edu  (new ALLOW needed)
> - striker2.atmos.albany.edu  (current ALLOW may be removed)
> - idd.unidata.ucar.edu  (new ALLOW needed)
>

> Many thanks.
>

> Jim
>
> --
> James T Brown
> UNIX System Administrator
> Depts. of Geography/Fisheries & Wildlife
> Michigan State University
> Geography Building
> 673 Auditorium Rd, Room 107
> East Lansing, MI   48824-1117
>
> email:  address@hidden

Hope this helps, please let us know if you encounter any difficulties.

Jeff
Jeff Weber
Unidata User Support
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu