[LDM #PGJ-420134]: accessing NDFD ST.expr data

Hi Erik,

re:
> Hello - I was wondering if there is a way to access NDFD ST.expr through
> LDM?

The easiest way to determine if products of interest are contained in
LDM/IDD data feeds is to use the LDM utility 'notifyme' to examine
the data products available from a top level IDD relay (e.g.,
idd.unidata.ucar.edu, iddb.unidata.ucar.edu, idd.tamu.edu, idd.meteo.psu.edu).

For NDFD products, the data feeds to examine are NGRID (model output that
is sent in the NOAAPort SBN) and CONDUIT.  The format of a 'notifyme'
invocation that should be useful in your search is:

<as your 'ldm' user>
notifyme -vl- -f "NGRID|CONDUIT" -h <IDD top level relay> -p <NDFD pattern> -o
3600

re:
> We typically download the data from here:
> ftp://tgftp.nws.noaa.gov/SL.us008001/ST.expr/DF.gr2/DC.ndfd/ , but for
> backup purposes we were wondering if we can obtain it through LDM.

Please try using 'notifyme' to see if there are products available
from a top level IDD relay that you are interested in.

NB: in order for your 'notifyme' invocation to succeed, your machine
will have to have been ALLOWed by the upstream LDM relay(s).  If there
is forward and reverse DNS for your machine AND it is in the '.gov'
domain, it will have an ALLOW from all of the top level relays listed
above.

Ticket ID: PGJ-420134
Department: Support IDD