[LDM #FLC-412827]: Request for upstream feed suggestions for ldm servers at TAMU ATMO

Hi Gyorgyi,

re:
> Thank you for your answer.

No worries.

re:
> Some background information to clarify our request.
>
> We are in the process of out-phasing  our old ldm servers coriolis and
> cori. We are in the process of testing ldm.met.tamu.edu as our future
> operational ldm server, and a new machine called "nids.met.tamu.edu"
> would be our failover ldm server.

OK.

re:
> Not bids.met.tamu, but nids.met.tamu.edu. Sorry, the spell checker took
> over my email last time.

Been there!

re:
> So, we only will have one operational, and a failover, not 4 servers.

OK, this is much better.

re:
> In the meantime we would love to have the new upstream feeders to be
> available for all for testing purposes.

We can provide two upstream sites that should already be configured
to honor LDM/IDD feed REQUESTs to all of your machines ** assuming
that reverse DNS exists for all of your machines **:

idd.unidata.ucar.edu
idd.meteo.psu.edu

In the past, the third upstream so configured would be the top level
IDD relay that TAMU operates.  I must tell you that if TAMU decides
to discontinue its IDD relay service, there will be a HUGE impact
on the community!

re:
> Thank you,

No worries.