[IDD #AFE-184706]: Questions about subscribing to IDD as client (LDM)

> Hello,
Hi Jaret,

> In a call with NWS MRMS, my team was recommended to request a CONDUIT
> feed via Unidata. I have an LDM Server.

OK, I assume you mean the LDM is installed.

> Does it matter if my team is with a University or not?

Yes, we feed universities and research organization, and government agencies.

 We are a private
> company started and backed by research from a Univ. In fact our offices
> are in Univ properties. The research phase of this project continues. If
> we are eligible, does the FQDN need to include the University's domain?

That is most definitely preferred. :)

> (eg *.university.edu). We should be able to make that happen but would
> prefer to use a different domain in case underlying IP addresses change.

We ~could consider a non .edu domain, but the case would need to be stronger
than
IP changes.

For us (The Unidata Program Center) to feed a .com, we would need to see a
tangible benefit to the
Unidata Community. i.e. products added back to the IDD, or something of that
nature.

> I decided to send you my questions first after reading the following
> link <https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/idd/ldmfaq.html#idd-what>:

Sure, no worries, we're here to help

> Send email to support-idd at unidata.ucar.edu, with the following
> information:
>
> * Site Name:
> * Site Administrator:
> * Email Address:
> * Phone Number:
> * Fully Qualified Hostname:
> * Desired Feeds: (Please see:Feed Types
> <http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/feedtypes/>)
>
> Thank you for any advice,
>
> Jaret Pfluger

Please let us know how you would like to proceed, or if you have any other
questions.

Thank you,

Jeff
Jeff Weber