[IDD #NRL-751259]: Joining IDD

Hi,

re:
> We have additional addresses to add. This is an HA environment, but the
> backend is displaying the physical address right now.

> Could you please add these two?
> Borah-ldm001.boisestate.edu 132.178.231.143
> Borah-ldm002.boisestate.edu 132.q78.231.144
>
> Thank you so much

As soon as forward and reverse DNS are established for these machines
(at Boise State) and assuming that the IP addresses resolve to the
'.edu' namespace, either both of these machines will be able to REQUEST
feeds from the top level IDD relays at Unidata/UCAR, Penn State and
at UW/AOS.

Question:

- will forward and reverse DNS be setup for these machines?

- the IP address specified for the second machine has an obvious
  typo in it

  I assume that the IP should be 132.178.231.144, not
  132.q78.231.144, correct?

Comment:

If it is not possible to setup forward and reverse DNS for your
machines, we can setup a hack to make things work, but we prefer
not to do this as the "solution" is very brittle, and will not
work if the machines' IP addresses change.

Ticket ID: NRL-751259
Department: Support IDD