[IDD #BVD-174981]: RE: MRMS products

Hi Russ,

re:
> Are some of these available via ADDE?

I have not tried to setup ADDE serving of the MRMS products that are
in GRIB2 format.  Quite frankly, I essentially turned off processing
of model output for serving in ADDE because nobody ever used that
data off of our public facing servers, so it was deemed to be a
waste of resources for us.

The product that is in JSON does not seem like it has any support in
McIDAS/ADDE.

re:
> from Unidata servers?

Unidata AWIPS will fully support the products when its new release
is made (which is any time now).

The products are being processed into collections in the TDS on
thredds-test.unidata.ucar.edu.  I am not sure how you would use this
service unless you have processes that hit TDS servers for their
input.

I am not sure what the TDS guys intention is for access to the MRMS
products on thredds.ucar.edu.  I checked their LDM pattern-action files
and saw that they had not updated the one I expected like they did
on thredds-test.unidata.ucar.edu.  I will be pinging them later today
to see if they have something in mind.  If not, I will setup FILEing
of the products so that they are available individually through the
TDS and through the web interface that we still run on thredds.ucar.edu
(aka atm.ucar.edu).

Ticket ID: BVD-174981
Department: Support IDD