[IDV #WRS-653578]: WMS Access problems (take two)

Hi Chris,

> Description of problem: OK, this time I have a better control:
> We're making TRMM rainfall (and other) data available through WMS at
> http://g0hep12u.ecs.nasa.gov/mapserv-bin/wms_ogc?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GETCAPABILITIES
>
> But if I click on the first layer, TRMM_3A11_MONTHLY, I get the error:
> "There was an error accessing the image with the url:
> http://g0hep12u.ecs.nasa.gov/mapserv-bin/wms_ogc?&version=1.1.1&request=GetMap&Styles=&format=image/tiff&SRS=EPSG:4326&Layers=TRMM_3A11_MONTHLY&BBOX=-180.0,-18.0,180.0,40.0&width=600&height=600
> Not an image"

There is a couple of things going on here. First, I don't know how you got the
image/tiff format in your GetMap url since the capabilities lists other formats
and the IDV looks for png, jpg, etc. Maybe its the version of the IDV. I am
getting image/png.

That said, another issue is the extra space in the xlink:href
          <Get><OnlineResource xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";
xlink:href=" http://g0hep12u.ecs.nasa.gov/mapserv-bin/wms_ogc?"/></Get>

We end up encoding that as "%20http://"; which breaks things on our end.

I have fixed the encoding problem and this will be available in tonight's
nightly build tomorrow (Friday) morning:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/idv/nightly/index.jsp

-Jeff

Ticket ID: WRS-653578
Department: Support IDV