[IDV #BRT-337211]: help finding satellite imagery

Hi Kate-

Sorry for the delay in responding.

> I'm trying find satellite images of hurricane Katrina from Aug 28, 2005
> using the Data Chooser, but am unsure of which server to choose.  I've
> tried a few different servers but I keep getting an error message "No
> data available for this selection".

The servers/datasets that we provide in our default list are primarily
realtime servers.  There are some case study datasets, but none for
Katrina.

You could request Katrina sat images from SSEC.  These would be loaded
on their ADDE server and you could then use the IDV sat chooser
to access it there.  Information on using that archive are at:

http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/datacenter/archive.html

Don Murray
> --
> Kate Young