[IDV #QWE-133869]: political boundaries of Sudan (Africa?) - impact of aster oid 2008 T3

Hi HP-

> >> Full Name: HansPeter Roesli
> >> Email Address: address@hidden
> >> Package Version: 2.6a3 build date:@DATE@
> >> Operating System: Windows XP
> >> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Programme\IDV_2.6a3\jre version: 1.6.0_07
> >> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> >> Description of problem: Hi
> >>
> >> It appears that the political boundaries of Sudan installed as a standard
> >> in IDV lacks some detail in the NE corner of the country. I think the map
> >> of Africa would need some update.
> >>

> > If you use the combination of the World Coastlines and the
> > World Political Boundaries, you'll get the correct lines
> > albeit at a lower resolution.
> >
> Yes, but this is not a good compromise. The coast lines' resolution do
> not match MSG's resolution. Overall the country outline is still my
> preferred one.

I've attached a new countries shapefile that seems to have the
correct borders in Africa, but is less detailed in the polar
regions.  I'm still looking for something else, but let me know
if this works for you.

> > I'm not sure where we got the World Country Outlines
> > (Countries.zip), but I'll see if I can find an update.
> >
> > Also, we've never had labels for the lat/lon lines.  It's on
> > the list of things to do.
> >
> Well, I am not so sure. I seem to remember having had labels right when
> I started to look into IDV. Would have to dig into old material for a
> proof :-( .

Hopefully you can find the code as well. ;-)

Don

Ticket ID: QWE-133869
Department: Support IDV