[IDV #FQD-686469]: MODIS HDF files

Hi HP-

> Just back from a hike with my parents in law.

We're expecting our first snow this weekend, so high altitude hiking
is on the wane here.  However, there's plenty of lower level hiking
left for the nice days.

> Unidata IDV Support wrote:
> > Hi HP-
> >
> >> Full Name: HansPeter Roesli
> >> Email Address: address@hidden
> >> Package Version: 2.6a3 build date:@DATE@
> >> Operating System: Linux
> >> Hardware: Java: home: /home/user/IDV_2.6a3/jre version: 1.6.0_07 j3d:1.5.2
> >> fcs (build4)
> >> Description of problem: HI
> >>
> >> I have been quiet for a while for 2 reasons. (1) rather busy with IASI
> >> data in McV,
> >>

> > Are these in netCDF or HDF or other?
> >
> > (@) no IDV problems spotted.
> >
> > That's a good reason! ;-)
> >

> >> Recently I have given a MODIS 1km HDF a try. It offers to open it as grid
> >> data from
> >> OPeNDAP and I find 2d grid data in the Fields. However, no image data are
> >> there,
> >> only ancillary data of the scene. Is ther more to come, or have i got it
> >> wrong?
> >>

> > Could you point me to a source of the data so I can take a look?
> >
> I retrieve MODIS files via the MODIS Rapid Response
> http://rapidfire.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/realtime/. So they are HDF(4?).
> Actually, whereas 1km files offer the ancillary data, hkm and qkm
> resolution is not even recognised as a valid format (are they supposed
> to be readable?).

I couldn't figure out how to get from the link above to a place to
download the data.  Could you step me through that?

Thanks.

Don

Ticket ID: FQD-686469
Department: Support IDV