[IDV #EUZ-525340]: point data list fails

Hi Jimmy-

> Full Name: Jimmy Moreno
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_2.5\jre version: 1.5.0_11
> j3d:1.3.2 fcs (build12)
> Description of problem: I have a question regarding an error I received while
> trying to use the formula function
> in IDV.  I have a grid file and I am tring to use a the simple difference
> formula in IDV to
> create a poind data list of the result.  Once I select the proper fields the
> program gives me an
> error which is detailed below and fails to output any data.  I can create the
> point list from
> an individual field in the grid file but when I attempt to create the plot
> list from the simple
> difference formula it fails.  I would appreciate any help or insight about
> this problem.
> Thank you very much for you time.

Sorry for the confusion.  The point list will only work for point
data, not grids.   It shows up as a valid display for the formula
because there are other cases where that might  be appropriate.

What do you want to do with this list?  There might be another
way to accomplish this.

Don Murray
> java.lang.ClassCastException: visad.Real
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.ObsListControl.makeDisplay(ObsListControl.java:180)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.control.ObsListControl.loadData(ObsListControl.java:626)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.control.ObsListControl.setData(ObsListControl.java:430)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.control.ObsListControl.init(ObsListControl.java:145)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.DisplayControlImpl.init(DisplayControlImpl.java:1257)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.DisplayControlImpl.init(DisplayControlImpl.java:968)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.ControlDescriptor.initControl(ControlDescriptor.java:951)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.ControlDescriptor$1.run(ControlDescriptor.java:876)
>

> ******************
> Stack trace:
> java.lang.ClassCastException: visad.Real
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.ObsListControl.makeDisplay(ObsListControl.java:180)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.control.ObsListControl.loadData(ObsListControl.java:626)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.control.ObsListControl.setData(ObsListControl.java:430)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.control.ObsListControl.init(ObsListControl.java:145)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.DisplayControlImpl.init(DisplayControlImpl.java:1257)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.DisplayControlImpl.init(DisplayControlImpl.java:968)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.ControlDescriptor.initControl(ControlDescriptor.java:951)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.ControlDescriptor$1.run(ControlDescriptor.java:876)

Ticket ID: EUZ-525340
Department: Support IDV