[IDV #EUZ-525340]: point data list fails

Hi Jimmy-

> Thanks for getting back to me.  I am trying to output the grid data from
> the simple difference so that I can actually work with the numbers in CSV
> format (or similar) to find ranges, means, etc. without using the image.
> I was able to output data from a temperature grid and it outputed a list
> with coordinates and the actual values at those coordinates.  This is
> exactly what I need, but with the output from the simple difference
> formula or other formulas.  I hope this clears it up a bit.  Let me know
> if you still need some clarification.

There is a formula which can be used to export the grid to Excel format.
I found a bug in the code, but if you download the nightly build
(IDV 2.6 beta 2), there is a fix in for that bug.

So, using the nightly build, Select the Formula's data source
and then select the Miscellaneous->Simple difference (a-b) formula.
Instead of doing a display, right click on the formula and select
Evaluate and Save from the popup menu.  That will ask you for a
name for the saved data and then allow you to select the a and b
parameters.

Next, select the Export->Export Grid to Excel formula. When prompted for
the grid, select the one you just saved from the Cached Data data
source.

(note you could do this all in one step but selecting the
export formula and when prompted for the data, select the
simple difference formula)

Let me know if this doesn't work for you.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: EUZ-525340
Department: Support IDV