[IDV #WXO-515547]: kmz file support

> Description of problem: Hi I'm trying to use IDV to view the attached custom
> kmz file.  This file shows emissions patterns on a variable-spaced modeling
> grid centered over Houston, TX.  The file is 3d and time-step'd.  Is this way
> out of the realm of support for IDV or do you think you can help me get this
> to visualize in IDV?

HI Zac,
THe IDV supports some kml/kmz. However, the IDV cannot even open your kml file
without blowing memory.
The file iteself is 75megabytes and it contains 64000 individual
Placemark/Polygon items, I assume one
for each pixel.

The IDV does support GroundOverlays which are geolocated images (though we
don't support the time stepped ones).

Sorry.

Jeff

Ticket ID: WXO-515547