[IDV #AXB-801572]: Overlaying two or more parameters on a time/height displa y.

Hi Jerry-

> Full Name: Jerry Blechman
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_2.5\jre version: 1.5.0_11
> j3d:1.3.2 fcs (build12)
> Description of problem: Hi,
>
> I'm trying to create a time/height display of RH and vertical velocity.  I
> loaded the 6Z GFS and
> chose the Data Probe/Time height display from the Field Selector.
>
> I find I can add parameters to the Data Probe display but on the Time/Height
> display I can't
> find any controls which allow me to overlay or add parameters.  It seems to
> be one display per
> parameter.

Yes, this is true right now.  I'll add that as a feature request
to our list.  Thanks for the suggestions.  Right now, the best
would be to have two Time/Height displays.  You could undock
them from the Dashboard and use the Edit->Share->Sharing on
option to share the probe points.

> I'd also like to do this with the Cross Section displays as it is very useful
> to look at wind speed
> overlaid on a potential temperature display.

You can use the Transect Display to overlay multiple parameters on
a cross section.  See the documentation in the User's Guide:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/ui/TransectViewManager.html

and the Workshop docs:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/workshop/page_transectviews.html

for information on using that display.  If you have more questions,
let me know.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: AXB-801572
Department: Support IDV