[IDV #PLQ-498677]: loading trouble

Hi Dave-

This is Don instead of Jeff.

> > So....can I put in a development request?  Sure would be great to be
> > able to use the isentropic coordinate system so we could actually see
> > wind on that isentropic layer!
> >

> You're not the only one that would like that. Its something on our todo list
> and we're starting to figure out how to do this.

What is the format of your isentropic grids?  If they are GEMPAK
grid files, you can display them in 2D in the IDV already.  The
THETA axis just gets mapped linearly to the altitude axis.  That
seems to be what most people who use isentropic coordinates want
anyway.  We will be improving the displays, but some of what you
want can be done now.  Just read in the grid and plot as plan
views.

If it is in some other format (netCDF, Grib, etc), please provide
us a sample file.  Having the IDV automatically compute the
isentropic grids from the pressure grids is another matter and
would require a lot more work.  But it is something we have to
tackle in the long run.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: PLQ-498677
Department: Support IDV