[IDV #VTU-785106]: Error With Changing Pressure Levels

Hi Jacob-

This is Don.

> Hey; I checked for the new IDV nightly build on the IDV website, but the
> latest one is from a couple weeks ago, 1/09.  No problem at all, just
> wanted to know if you are beginning to make the nightly builds less
> often.

We ran into some other issues so didn't get the fix in yet.  I'm
in the process of running the build and testing now.  Check back
later tonight or tomorrow morning.

We are not running the nightly build on a nightly basis at
this point.  We hope to get that fixed soon as well.

Don
> On Mon, 2009-01-19 at 18:44 -0700, Unidata IDV Support wrote:
> > Jacob,
> >
> > > Description of problem: I am having trouble when I attempt to change a
> > > display of model data
> > > from one individual pressure level to another.  Once I download and
> > > display
> > > a particular pieice of data at a specified pressure level from any model
> > > data,
> > > I sometimes change the data to another pressure level.  However, recently
> > > when I
> > > change the pressure level from say 1000MB to 500MB, the IDV not only
> > > downloads
> > > the data for that particular desired pressure level, but also downloads
> > > all levels and
> > > when I am downloading for an entire model run, it takes a very long time
> > > to download.
> > > I do not remember this happening with previous versions of the IDV. It
> > > appears to be
> > > a new occurance.
> >

> > Thanks for catching this. This is a problem with our Plan View code and it
> > is fixed now.
> > We'll make a new build tomorrow (Tuesday) with the fix.
> >
> > Sorry if this caused you any problems.
> >
> > -Jeff
> >

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: VTU-785106