[IDV #ROE-694228]: idv application run problem

Hi-

> I can't have my idv loaded correctly. The installation is successful
> but when I run it I have a globe dasboard and T-Rex and never have the
> main window.
>
> How can I correct that. I removed and reinstalled many times but still
> the same problem. I am using the vista installer

It sounds like your user preferences are messed up.

I would suggest renaming the idv directory in the .unidata directory
of your home directory:

In the Windows Explorer, go to the C:\Documents and Settings
Folder and then click  on your username's Folder.  You should
see a .unidata Folder and in that should be an idv Folder.
Right click on the idv Folder and select Rename from the
popup menu.  Change the name to idv.bad.  Then restart the
IDV.  That should give you a fresh start.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: ROE-694228
Department: Support IDV