[IDV #LLU-363231]: still not working for me

Hi Alan-

> I just installed the latest. I don't see Make grid 2D, though I see
> slice at level and slice at altitude (just like in 2.5).
> Maybe Monday we can figure it out.

My bad.  It was my own personal formula, but will be in the next
release.  Here's the workaround:

Use the Misc->Define a formula  formula and the appropriate display
Select the topography as you have been
When the dialog pops up for the formula, type in make2D(slice)
When prompted for the slice, select the layer you want.

Alternatively, make a formula called Make slice 2D and set
it as make2D(slice).

Sorry for the confusion.  I was rushing to get home yesterday, but should
have looked more closely before responding.

Don

> Unidata IDV Support wrote:
> > Hi Alan-
> >
> >> Full Name: Alan Bol
> >> Email Address: address@hidden
> >> Package Version: 2.5 build date:2008-05-08 07:05 UTC
> >> Operating System: Windows XP
> >> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_2.5\jre version: 1.5.0_11
> >> j3d:1.3.2 fcs (build12)
> >> Description of problem: Creating display: Contour Plan View Over Topography
> >> org.python.core.PyException
> >>
> >> Here's the sequence I tried:
> >> formulas/grids/slice at altitude/contour plan view over topo
> >
> > Sorry, Make grid 2D is in 2.6, but not in 2.5. I gotta run, but you should
> > upgrade
> > ;-)  I'll give you a 2.5 solution by Monday if that's not an option.
> >
> > Don
> >> field: topography/formulas/misc/any field
> >> Field: field/http://.../2D grid/water surface elevation
> >> Times(first one), region and stride = default
> >>
> >> Select Value/altitude "0"/Unit "m"
> >> Field:field/http:.../3D grid/water temperature
> >> Times(first one)
> >> Level (all levels)
> >> region and stride = default
> >>
> >> ******************
> >> Stack trace:
> >> Traceback (innermost last):
> >> File "<string>", line 1, in ?
> >> at visad.FieldImpl.combine(FieldImpl.java:1064)
> >>
> >> at visad.FieldImpl.combine(FieldImpl.java:998)
> >>
> >> at
> >> ucar.unidata.data.grid.DerivedGridFactory.combineGrids(DerivedGridFactory.java:856)
> >>
> >> at
> >> ucar.unidata.data.grid.DerivedGridFactory.combineGrids(DerivedGridFactory.java:809)
> >>
> >> at
> >> ucar.unidata.data.grid.DerivedGridFactory.combineGrids(DerivedGridFactory.java:790)
> >>
> >> at
> >> ucar.unidata.data.grid.DerivedGridFactory.create2DTopography(DerivedGridFactory.java:622)
> >>
> >> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> >>
> >> at
> >> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> >>
> >> at
> >> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> >>
> >> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
> >>

> >> visad.VisADException: visad.VisADException: FieldImpl.combine: domain
> >> dimensions of inputfields must match
> >>

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: LLU-363231
> > Department: Support IDV
> >

> --
> Alan Bol
> Project Lead | Scientist | Instructional Designer
> The COMET Program | www.comet.ucar.edu
> 303.497.8334 voice | 8491 fax

Ticket ID: LLU-363231
Department: Support IDV