[IDV #ENT-851492]: Model data from NOAAport

> Good morning. I was wondering if there is a quick and easy way to access
> model data (from noaaport)? We have IDV set up to access radar, point,
> raob, etc but there is no separate data tab for model data. (I know we
> can do it by selecting 'file' but then we'd have to copy the data over,
> right?)

Hi Katie,

If you have the model data on you local file system then you would access it
through the Files Chooser.

You can also access model data remotely from the Catalogs chooser. Unidata has
a number of Thredds Data Servers (TDS) that provide access to real-time model
data. For more information see:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/quickstart/Grids.html

You can also set up your own TDS server:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/

-Jeff

Ticket ID: ENT-851492
Department: Support IDV