[IDV #DWN-163524]: Re: [idvusers] 20090130: Update to IDV 2.6 Update 1

Hi Alan-

> ncom_reg1_gulfstream.xidv (attached)
>
> 1. only the plan view visible (other displays are off)
> 2. In the dashboard display tab
> 3. Contour: click Change button
> 4. Contour Interval: change from 0.5 to 0.1
>
> thinking...thinking...Poof!

When you say "Poof" does that mean that the windows go away?  I didn't
have that happen on my system, but it does eat up a lot of memory.

How much memory are you running the IDV with?
What system are you running on (Windows, Linux, etc)?

If you are on windows and the application goes away, edit the runIDV.bat
script and add:

PAUSE

at the end.  That way, when the application crashes, the startup window
won't go away.

Don Murray

> Unidata IDV Support wrote:
> > Hi Alan-
> >
> >> I encountered a bug the other day that killed IDV. It happened when I
> >> tried to put in a small contour interval (like 0.1C). It worked fine for
> >> 0.2C. I'd have sent in a support form, but it didn't throw off an error,
> >> it just killed the app.
> >>
> >> If you'd like, I'll send along the exact sequence of commands that led
> >> to this, along with the bundle. If you're already aware of the bug, I
> >> won't bother.
> >
> > Send the steps and a bundle and I'll take a look.  It shouldn't kill
> > the IDV. :-(
> >
> > Don

> >> --
> >> Alan Bol
> >> Project Lead | Scientist | Instructional Designer
> >> The COMET Program | www.comet.ucar.edu
> >> 303.497.8334 voice | 8491 fax
> >>

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: DWN-163524
> > Department: Support IDV
> >

> --
> Alan Bol
> Project Lead | Scientist | Instructional Designer
> The COMET Program | www.comet.ucar.edu
> 303.497.8334 voice | 8491 fax

Ticket ID: DWN-163524
Department: Support IDV