[Support #IFF-938605]: Longitude problem in mapping dataset

Hi Martha,

> I'm in Oregon getting a great animation together with whale tracks and SST
> imagery down off the Costa Rica dome area. My coworker is finding IDV easier
> and better to implement this project than ARCMap.

Great!

> The main web page to find SST and chlorophyll data sets is:
> http://las.pfeg.noaa.gov/oceanWatch/oceanwatch_safari.php?dsetinit=GA3&varinit=ssta&hab=0&currentvarindex=0&compinit=hday&reginit=c&modeinit=r
>
> If you download a file as OpeNDAP, it imports correctly but if you grab it
> automatically (which you would want to do if getting more than 1 time slice),
> it is shifted.
>
> I've tried several of the data sets including the daily SST imagery at:
> http://oceanwatch.pfeg.noaa.gov:8081/thredds/dodsC/satellite/GA/ssta/hday
> which was shifted.
>
> I don't know if all the data sets map incorrectly but the daily SST imagery I
> grabbed was shifted to the right.
> I WAS able to get usable data by specifying a smaller geographic area in the
> properties option of the data source so have been able to continue working.
> However, if you want to suck in the entire geographic extent, I ran into the
> "shift" problem.

I too am having this problem. I've asked our netcdf/opendap group to look into
this and will get back to you when we know more.

> I'll be returning Saturday. I did several "demos" of the software and have
> some comments from a competitor programmer (who wants to sell us his
> software) that I hope you might have time to address. Will email you when I
> get back in town.

Great. Looking forward to hearing these comments.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: IFF-938605
Department: Support IDV