[IDV #JXU-208249]: web start takes over machine

> Hi,
> I just tried to start up the IDV from a jnlp bundle and javaw.exe took over
> the xp machine.  It took about 10 minutes to kill the process via the
> windows task manager.  Have you had any experience with this sort of thing?
> I'd hate to put a bundle out there for people to use and have this happen
> to them.

Hi Ben,
I'm not sure what's going on. Does this happen every time?
If it happens again can you hit the IDV monitor and get a stack trace:
http://localhost:8788/stack.html
This is described here:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/IDV/docs/userguide/Faq.html#lockup

If its a webstart thing then the monitor won't be running. If its an IDV thing
then
we can find out where its having its problem.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: JXU-208249
Department: Support IDV