can't get level III radar collection

Hi Jeff,

There is (was by now) radar activity west o the great lakes that I wanted to use to illustrate the radar data type in a data interactive document.  I've tried the IDV and RAMADDA as a means of saving the composite reflectivity for the stations around that area for the last few hours.  But I'm having a devil of a time with RAMADDA.   I find myself repeatedly traversing the data tree from the top, then I get to the point where I select the particular datasets I want and select copy/move, but RAMADDA then says I need to have a destination group in my cart, but I do have such a group in my cart, but it ignores it.  One thing I can seem to do is copy the selected datasets into the cart, but it won't let me move them from the cart into the group.  When I try to it says I can't then asks me to login again.  When I try to login, it says I'm already logged in.   It does let me copy one dataset at a time from the cart into the group, but it's hard to keep track of which ones I've already copied.  By the time I get a few datasets from one radar into the group, there are many more radar products available because so much time has passed.  The approaches I'm using are simply not working.  How would you suggest I get the data I want into a RAMADDA group?

What I'd like to do is specify a bounding box that covers the general area west of the great lakes and save all the level III NCR products for the last 3 hours into a place where I can get at them with the IDV and where they will still be a year from now.

From within the IDV, I can do this, but even there I have to do it one station at a time rather than for all stations in the bounding box.  Also with the IDV, when I want to center range rings on each radar site, the drop down list of radar sites is alphabetized by the station name spelled out whereas the stations are identified by code (e.g., ABR) everywhere else, so I have to find a table somewhere else to figure out which radar is which in the drop down list.  Also the drop down list seems to be missing some of the radars.

I guess I'll send a copy of this to the IDV support list as well since it involves some IDV issues as well and I'll send a copy to Jeff Weber because we have talked about working together and these things.  He may have some suggestions for better ways to go about it and I know he's got nothing better to do right at the moment.

-- Ben