[IDV #YXZ-675497]: Little things?

Hi John-

> >> ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.IdvChooserManager:
> >> The createChoosers(boolean, List, Element) method basically forces
> >> the
> >> use of IdvXmlUi at about line 588. I simply created:
> >> protected XmlUi createXmlUi(Element root) {
> >> return new IdvXmlUi(getIdv(), root);
> >> }
> >> and call that method on 588. I was then able to create a chooser
> >> manager *that actually hugs users and makes them feel good about
> >> themselves* via simply extending IdvChooserManager.
> >>

> > Wow, a tactile user interface!
>
> The bug reports from when it hugs too hard are not so fun to read. :(
>
> > Both of these changes are done and checked  in.
>
> But I did actually have a "real" thing to say--this change didn't make
> it into the 2.6u2 branch, right? Was there any particular reason? I'm
> asking because the MUG folks like to ship with the latest stable
> release of idv.jar and apparently our nightly builds started failing
> while yelling about a missing createXmlUi method.

Since this was an enhancement, not a bug fix, it didn't get into
the release.  We tried to avoid introducing untested code into
the bugfix release.  However, in this case, I'll make an exception.
I'm sure it will come back to bite me. ;-)  If you grab the release
again, it will have this code and the bundle suffix fix in it.

> Everyone should just build straight from svn like me!

I agree, but see their point in this case.

Don

Ticket ID: YXZ-675497
Department: Support IDV