[IDV #DKN-791012]: Shortcut folders

Hi Dave-

> Full Name: Dave Santek
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_2.6u2\jre version: 1.6.0_11
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: Hi Guys,
>
> I'm running Windows XP and I've created a shortcut desktop folder. When I
> navigate to
> that folder through the 'Look In' drop down in the 'Files' Data Chooser, I
> get this error:

How did you create the shortcut?  If I go to the Windows Explorer
and find the folder I want on the desktop, I right click on it and
use either Send To->Desktop or Create Shortcut and move it to the
Desktop.  I seem to be able to navigate into that directory and load
data.  Are you using a different method?

Don Murray

> Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.InternalError: Unable to bind
> C:\Documents and Settings\daves\Desktop\sampledata.lnk to parent
> at sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolder2$4.call(Win32ShellFolder2.java:400)
> at sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolder2$4.call(Win32ShellFolder2.java:385)
> at sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolderManager2$ComInvoker.invoke(Win32ShellFo
> lderManager2.java:491)
> at sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolder2.getIShellFolder(Win32ShellFolder2.jav
> a:384)
> at sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolder2$18.call(Win32ShellFolder2.java:1097)
> at sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolder2$18.call(Win32ShellFolder2.java:1095)
> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExec
> utor.java:886)
> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor
> .java:908)
> at sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolderManager2$ComInvoker$3.run(Win32ShellFol
> derManager2.java:458)
>
> Is this a known problem?
>
> Thanks,
> dave