[IDV #TLW-612632]: Histogram error with area file

Hi Jess-

> We had a user report an error while attempting to load a histogram in
> McIDAS-V version 1.0beta1.  I was able to reproduce this error in IDV 2.6u2.
>
> The user loaded an area file through the File chooser.  In the "Fields"
> tab in the Field Selector she opened up the "All Images" tree structure
> and selected the day/time output of the image (e.g. 2008-12-09
> 16:00:00Z).  The image display worked fine, however she got an error
> message when she tried to load a histogram from the Charts->Histogram
> display type.

The Histogram stuff has never really been tested that well, so I'm
sure there are other bugs.  I fixed this one and it will be in the nightly
build.

> This is the error she received:

We weren't checking for single time images.  Now we do.  For now,
the workaround in the 2.6u2 release is to select the "All Images"
field for the histogram.

Don Murray
> Error creating data set
> visad.RealTuple cannot be cast to visad.FlatField
>
> java.lang.ClassCastException: visad.RealTuple cannot be cast to
> visad.FlatField
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.chart.ChartWrapper.getFlatField(ChartWrapper.java:307)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.chart.HistogramWrapper.loadData(HistogramWrapper.java:217)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.multi.DisplayGroup.loadData(DisplayGroup.java:634)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.multi.MultiDisplayHolder.loadData(MultiDisplayHolder.java:1607)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.multi.MultiDisplayHolder.initDone(MultiDisplayHolder.java:195)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.control.DisplayControlImpl.init(DisplayControlImpl.java:1076)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.ControlDescriptor.initControl(ControlDescriptor.java:979)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.ControlDescriptor$1.run(ControlDescriptor.java:904)
>
> Is there a reason why selecting "All Images" vs. the specific time in
> the Fields tab are treated different when there is only one time in the
> area file?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jess

Ticket ID: TLW-612632