[Support #COI-760964]: averageOverTime

Hi Bill,

> I've been working on an IDV display of the total precipitation forecast
> during the 84 hours of a
> NAM model run. Now that I've figured out how to do this, I thought I
> might make a few comments.
>
> I started with an existing jython method, averageOverTime, and commented
> out the line that
> divides the sum by the number of time levels. I thought this made some
> sense.
>
> However, it did not produce useful results because the first time level
> has 'missing data'. Adding
> subsequent 'numbers' to 'missing' produced non-numbers.

I am taking a stab at doing a number of ...OverTime functions in the Java
GridUtil package.
So far I have averageOverTime, sumOverTime, maxOverTime and minOverTime
These all deal appropriately with missing values.
Can you think of anymore (reasonable) functions that you'd like to see?

-Jeff

Ticket ID: COI-760964
Department: Support IDV