[IDV #TBT-341940]: Slow image load

> The grid I am using is a nested grid. It has a resolution of 2.2 km. The
> domain is roughly the size of Minnesota. The timestep for model integration
> is 120 seconds. The simulation length is 18 hours. The main display that I am
> using is the reflectivity, whether it be from the 2d or 3d field.
> -Dave

I'm not sure how many grid points that resolves to but you have lots of times
there. One thing you can do is select fewer times. You can also turn on caching
of the data. See the section "7.8.2 Data Caching" in:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/misc/PerformanceTuning.html

If you want go ahead and upload your file to:
http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/entry/show/Top/Unidata/Software/IDV/Support+Uploads?entryid=e850985a-8a2c-44e3-8a05-e547cfb963a1

and we'll look at it.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: TBT-341940