[IDV #UFO-958843]: Temperature Range on Water Vapor Images

Hi Greg-

> Full Name: Greg Fishel
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_2.6u2\jre version: 1.6.0_11
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem:
>
> When I display the GINIEAST Water Vapor images, and display
> temperature, I use an option to change the range. I have two options,
> one of which is to have the range correspond to the actual range of
> data I am dealing with. This range has been as large as 213-263K, or as
> little as 224-236. I would assume that using this technique would not
> be good for having the same color correspond to the same data value
> since the extremes are always variable.

Since it will vary with the state of the atmosphere, you are
correct.  You could set up a default range that you want to use
so the same temperature will be the same color and then set
that as the default for that parameter.  Once you set
the range and color table, go to the File->Save->Save As Parameter
Defaults menu in the display control and click OK on the
dialog if the values are what you want.  The next time you
load in the image from the server, it will default to that
color table and range.

If you wanted to use two different color tables with
different ranges, you could use the Edit->Display Settings
dialog and save these off as display settings.  You could
then apply these as needed when loading the data or you
could change to one or the other of the saved settings
using the Edit->Settings dialog.

> Let me know if I am correct, or if I am missing something.

See the Parameter Defaults and Display Settings sections of
the User's Guide for more information.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: UFO-958843
Department: Support IDV