[IDV #JYK-865432]: geotiff issue

Hi  Mike,

> I am trying to view larger geotiffs with IDV (30-70mb).  I have allocated
> 1500m memory for these processes.  However, when the file has been opened,
> IDL simply displays the tif image as a blank or grey image in Omni Control.

This is probably a graphics card issue. e.g.:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/idv/msg01830.html

> I suppose my question is regarding how to display these images properly,
> outside of Omni Control (which I am sure they should be able to do).
>
> An example of something I am trying to open can be found here (anonymous ftp,
> files too large to attach):

We don't support reading and displaying the "geo" part of geotiffs. As noted,
we can read the image and display it in the Omni control but we cannot
geolocate them. This is something on a long term todo list for us though.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: JYK-865432
Department: Support IDV