[IDV #UHI-275132]: Point data issue

Hi Kevin-

> I was trying to get some point data using McV via an ADDE server I have
> created.
> The data I am returning only has one time in it, so I was trying to use
> Absolute Time (that you had fixed recently).
> Here is my html:
> adde://stimpy.ssec.wisc.edu/pointdata?compress=gzip&port=112&debug=false&version=1&user=KEVS&proj=6999&group=RTPTSRC&user=KEVS&proj=6999&descr=BUFRTOZN&select='time
> 23:45:00;'&num=ALL&pos=0&trace=1&debug=true
>
> Anyway, I make it into the IDV AddePointDataSource.java function makeObs
> At line 347, this calls the processUrl function.
> In processURL, it correctly gets the Select clause - 'time 23:45:00;'
> But then we get to lines 213/214, where it is looking for a Level.
> As far as I know, this data doesn't have a level, but then proceeds to
> blank out my Select clause a la temp.setSelectClause("");
> So, it looks like this point data is being penalized because it doesn't
> have level information in there.

This section of code is used to get a sample of data from the
dataset regardless of time and any other select criteria so
we can populate the Data Selection widget with the parameters
that can be gridded.  Basically, it's a request to get the
first available data in the dataset.  I want to remove any
time and lat/lon subsets for this request.

> I added in the &trace=1 so I might see what is happening on my server
> stimpy.ssec.wisc.edu

How did you do this?

> However, it appears the initialization of trace=0 (via AddeUrl.java) is
> never updated with the trace=1 value and I am not sure where this needs
> to happen (McV/IDV end).

My bad.  It was a cut and paste bug in AddeURL.  I just checked a
fix into CVS and updated local-visad.jar.

> So, my final ADDE query becomes:
> adde://stimpy.ssec.wisc.edu/pointdata?&PORT=112&COMPRESS=none&USER=KEVS&PROJ=6999&VERSION=1&DEBUG=false&TRACE=0&GROUP=RTPTSRC&DESCRIPTOR=BUFRTOZN&MAX=1&POS=0
> which is definitely not what I expected.

Again, this is only for retrieving the sample data so we can
populate the widget.   Do you get to the point where you have the
Point Data field in the Field Selector?  When you choose that
and go to display data, your select clause should be correct.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: UHI-275132
Department: Support IDV