[IDV #JCY-183241]: Bundle Error With Satellite Data

Hi Jacob-

> Full Name: Jacob Gore
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 2.7a1 build date:2009-02-25 20:05 UTC
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware: Java: home: /home/idv/IDV_2.7a1/jre version: 1.6.0_11 j3d:1.5.2 fcs
> (build4)
> Description of problem: When I save a bundle with a temperature-based water
> vapor satellite display overlaidwith RUC wind data, the IDV will not display
> the water vapor image when I open the   bundle.  The IDV downloads the
> satellite data and sets the time steps correctly, but   the satellite image
> itself does not show up on the map.  The wind data from the RUC model shows
> up fine, however.  I tried saving a bundle from two different satellite
> servers,  but nothing works.  I have exported the bundle and have attached it
> to this message for you.

The data is there. The range on the color table is -10 to -60, but the data are
in
K with a range of 0 to 263.  If you change the display units to Celsius and then
set the range to -10 to -60, you should see what you want.

I'm trying to figure out how this could happen.  When you created the display,
did
you change the display units from K to Celsius before setting the range on the
color table?

Thanks for any additional info you can provide.

Don

Ticket ID: JCY-183241
Department: Support IDV