[IDV #FKE-199122]: Something has changed

> Full Name: John Wells
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_2.6u2\jre version: 1.6.0_11
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: I have version 1.3b2 and 2.6u2 of IDV.  We altered
> our metadata significantly when I got 1.3b2
> so that IDV would plot the variables in the NetCDF formatted data which we
> produce.  It worked.
> So installed 2.6u2 and now our data variables are not recognized.  It is hard
> for me to believe
> that IDV regressed so I am assuming I am doing something wrong, but since we
> went to
> the trouble to update to Coords standards I am at a loss as to where to begin
> solving this
> problem.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Cheers, John

Not sure what standards you intended to follow, but there no Convention
attribute.

Default parser doesnt identify the month coordinate as time. You can fix like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<netcdf xmlns="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/namespaces/netcdf/ncml-2.2";
location="D:/test/wells/30YrAvgMo.nc">
  <variable name="month">
    <attribute name="_CoordinateAxisType" value="Time" />
  </variable>
</netcdf>

( Better would be to use CF, and use climatological calendar, see section 4.4.1
of here:

  http://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/documents/cf-conventions/1.4/cf-conventions.html

but we have not yet implemented this. but if you are writing long-term
archives, we should get on this.)

Ticket ID: FKE-199122
Department: Support netCDF Java