[IDV #WNV-189864]: question on saving frames from the dashboard

Hi Katie,

> > Hi there. I want to script the IDV to capture the frames of the
> > dashboard. Is this possible?
> >
> > To explain a bit more, I'm trying to do a cross section of relative
> > humidity (on pressure levels).  The display in the dashboard is exactly
> > what we're looking for and I want to capture those frames instead of the
> > images on the main viewer. Is there a way to do this (in a script)?
> >

> We sort of support this but its buggy and does not work right. The idea is to
> supply the identifier
> of a display in the image or movie tag, e.g.,:
> <image display="id of display to capture" ...>
>
> and the IDV will capture the gui of the display.

This is working now. Just set the id of your crosssection control through the
properties dialog.
In the image tag or the movie tag specify display="the id"

Note: this will just capture the cross section image, not the window and the
gui wrapper around it.

Attached is an example isl file that does this.

This will be available in tonight's (Tuesday) nightly build.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: WNV-189864
Department: Support IDV