[IDV #VMV-473324]: This URL shows no 3D datasets in IDV 2.6u2, but does in IDV 2.7a1.

Hi Rich-

> The OpenDAP URL
> <http://omglnx1.meas.ncsu.edu:8080/thredds/dodsC/fmrc/sabgom/SABGOM_Forecast_Model_Run_Collection_best.ncd>
> shows no 3D datasets in the latest stable IDV 2.6u2
>
> It's okay in IDV 2.7a1, however.   Do you know why?

We must have fixed a bug in 2.7a1. ;-)

I'd say that it was either a problem with the netCDF-Java library
or something in the GeoGrid->VisAD code.  I'm betting the former
since the version of 4.0 used in 2.6u2 was before the non-alpha
release and was at a time of transition for some of the netCDF-Java
code.  The IDV side didn't change much/at all during that period.

> I got embarrassed by this when I installed IDV 2.6u2 on a colleagues
> machine yesterday, and then was baffled when the 3D fields didn't show
> up.

Sorry that happened.  At least we are getting better. ;-)

We hope to have a stable 2.7b1 release out next week.

Don

Ticket ID: VMV-473324
Department: Support IDV