[IDV #DGO-203144]: Point data questions

Hi Hans-

> I am trying to use METAR data from the data server at www.weather.aero (file
> metars.current.csv at http://weather.aero/dataserver_current/current/ )
>
> However, I get a number of data errors when trying to use the METAR data in
> IDV. Looking at the point data list, it seems IDV sometimes gets confused
> over what decimal delimiter to use. For some data fields a decimal comma is
> used (as defined by Windows), for others a decimal point is used. The data
> file only uses decimal points.

The IDV should display the data in your system's localization setting.
We weren't handling this very well.

> Also, for some of the data fields, IDV complains if the data contains
> decimal data. Values like 6.0 and 9.0 are accepted, though values like 6.3,
> 9.1 etc are not. Is this an issue with IDV, or is it perhaps something I
> need to define before using the data?

No, it's our poor programming. ;-)  I put a fix for this that will
be available in the next nightly build (tomorrow).  Thanks for finding
this issue.

Note, if you want to export the data, you'll need to use the Show Raw Data
checkbox if you want to read it back into the IDV.  The export writes out
what you see on the screen.  So the comma delimiters in you numbers
would show up in the CSV file as well.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: DGO-203144
Department: Support IDV