[IDV #NQM-654115]: Error Displaying SREF Model From RAMADDA Server

Hi Jacob-

Sorry for the delay in responding.  There was an issue with the naming of
the variables for these ensemble grids.  The grids you are seeing are really
the standard deviation grids.   In the next version of RAMADDA and of the
motherlode server (due out hopefully this week), we should have the grids
labeled correctly.

Don Murray

> Full Name: Jacob Gore
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 2.7a1 build date:2009-02-19 12:41 UTC
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware: Java: home: /home/idv/IDV_2.7a1/jre version: 1.6.0_11 j3d:1.5.2 fcs
> (build4)
> Description of problem: I have loaded the latest model run of the SREF 40km
> ensprod_biasc from the
> experimental RAMADDA server and am experiencing a couple errors.  When
> I load a 3D display of flow vectors from a certain level, say 300MB, the wind
> profile displays, but the vectors are not coming from a realistic direction
> or have
> a realistic speed.  This happens will all the levels.  I tried loading it the
> other
> night and it worked, but the last few runs have not been displaying the flow
> vectors
> correctly.  I also tried GeoPotential Height and that display did not appear
> realistic
> either.  Something else I wanted to ask, I do not know if this would be an
> error, but
> when I go to choose a certain level for displaying a certain type of data,
> there is
> only a very limited number of levels to choose from and the 3D dewpoint does
> not
> include a near surface/1000MB level, the lowest it goes is 850MB.  With
> regards to
> available levels to choose for data, the GFS and NAM models from the
> motherload
> server have every primary level including 1000MB, 975MB, 950MB, 900MB and so
> forth all the way to 200MB or so, but the SREF only has 1000MB, 850MB, 700MB,
> 500MB, and 300MB to choose from.  Thus, when trying to display a Forecast
> Sounding, the Skew-T diagram does not appear properly with the gaps in
> levels.
> I have saved a display of SREF latest data from the RAMADDA server to this
> message.  Let me know if that doesent work and I'll try again.
> The full name of the latest SREF model run I am trying to display is:
> SREF_CONUS_40km_ensprod_biasc_20090227_0900.grib2
> This model run comes from the NCEP link under the IDD data.
> Thanks for your time and support!
> Jacob Gore

Ticket ID: NQM-654115
Department: Support IDV