[IDV #BDW-276057]: How to make dynamic *.xidv file

Hi Howard,

> I would like to know what can be done and what can't by using IDV plugin.
>
> It looks like the xidv file is static (data source, date, field,
> display). Can I make any of them replaceable? For example, choosing
> different data source or different field.

The only thing you can do is to select a new data source. You can do this when
you File->Open a bundle file or at the command line with the -setfile argument
(run idv -help for details), or through in an isl script with the setfiles
command:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/isl/DataAndDisplays.html#setfiles

-Jeff

Ticket ID: BDW-276057