[IDV #TPO-500854]: Question on what DisplayMatrix means

> Hello. I was looking through my xidv file trying to find a way to
> change the camera position of my visualization and it seems the
> DisplayMatrix is the parameter that changes the camera position. The
> DisplayMatrix has 16 elements; what do those elements represent? Could
> you shed any light on we could use the DisplayMatrix to change our
> viewpoint within the IDV?

Hi Katie,
The display matrix ends up holding the scale, rotation and translation used in
the 3D view.
It would be difficult to just directly change these in a bundle. The viewpoint
tag in isl
makes this much easier as you can specify the rotation/scale/translation and
the IDV converts
that into the matrix.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: TPO-500854