[IDV #UMY-468497]: Possible virus in movie capture!

> Description of problem: Our f-secure virus program detected the following
> suspected
> malware in quicktime movie files captured in IDV:
> Exploit.Multi.Qtp.k.
>
> This occured in both IDV 2.6u2 and 2.7b2 on Windows XP.
> Have you seen this before?  Is it a false positive or a
> real virus.  It's a problem since I can't capture any movies
> if it's not safe to use.

Keith,
We haven't seen this problem before and its probably a false positive.
We have a relatively small Java class that uses the javax.media framework from
the JVM to write out quicktime movies.  There definitely isn't a virus in our
code
and I cannot imagine the JVM being corrupted.

I did come across a similar issue for writing out movie files:
http://alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=10554

-Jeff

Ticket ID: UMY-468497
Department: Support IDV