[IDV #AZO-469477]: IDV v2.7b3: Wire frame box

Hi Dave,

> I've found a situation where I want either to "Clip View at Box" only
> at the top and bottom of the wire frame box (to control a vertical
> cross section through a 3-D plot), or to extend the lateral boundaries
> of the wire frame box to or beyond the edge of the data, so that
> clipping the view at the box won't affect what's shown laterally.
>
> Is there a way to control the lateral extent of the wire frame box? I
> don't see anything in the documentation. (I'm assuming that I can't
> truncate the vertical cross section at the top and bottom any other
> way. The "Range" for the vertical cross section is set to
> 8000.0/10000.0 (meters), but this seems to have no effect, or at least
> not the effect I'm looking for.

Right now we clip on all 6 planes of the box.

You might want to try the location indicator display:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/IDV/docs/userguide/controls/misc/LocationIndicatorControl.html
(Under Displays->Special).
Under the Settings tab check on "Solid" for the different axises

-Jeff

Ticket ID: AZO-469477
Department: Support IDV