[IDV #SBV-126709]: Exporting data

Chuck,

> Thank you for your response. From the motherlode link I was able to
> select variables and export a csv file - exactly what I'd like to do.
> But after generating a display from GRIB data I've already downloaded
> to my computer, there is no "save" option on the file menu - or any
> other menu - that allows me to do something similar. Is the
> distinction simply that I'm working from downloaded GRIB data? Is
> there a work-around? (I have been through the IDV User's Guide, but
> haven't found help there either.)

The distinction is that the TDS running on motherlode happens to provide the
grid as point service and has nothing to do with the IDV.

You can extract the values at a point (not a profile) in the IDV - create a
Probe/Time series display of the field you  are interested in. You can also add
other parameters to that display. IN the display's File menu you can select
File->Save->Export all times as CSV

-Jeff

Ticket ID: SBV-126709
Department: Support IDV