[IDV #SBW-330257]: Import soundings from a csv file as Text Point Data

Hi Keith-

> Full Name: Keith Searight
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 2.7u1
> Operating System:
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: Is it possible to do this or do the files have to be
> in netCDF?  If it's not supported, how difficult would it be to write a data
> source plugin to read soundings from csv?

What do you want to do with these as point data (e.g. plot a map?).  Or are you
just trying to read in soundings and plot skew-ts.  If the latter, I sent
Howard some info on using the Chinese Met Administration CSV format to read
them in to the RAOB chooser.  If the former, we don't have a way of plotting
the upper air data from CSV or netCDF, only from an ADDE server through the
ADDE Sounding Chooser.

Don

Ticket ID: SBW-330257
Department: Support IDV