[IDV #REU-864506]: derived quantities from ECMWF grib give error

Hi HP-

> Unidata IDV Support wrote:

> >> Wanting to display derived quantities from ECMWF grib code (sample
> >> attached) I get the following error:
> >>
> >> Creating display: Contour Plan View
> >> org.python.core.PyException
> >>
> >> Non-derived fields work.
> >>
> >> Please note that a recent nightly build of McV using 2.7u1 has no
> >> problems in displaying derived fields.
> >>

> > What is the formula you are trying to use that is trying to import Mean?
> Any of the standard derived quantities is giving the error, e.g speed or
> flow vectors.

Okay.

> > Is it in a plugin?  If so, do you have the same plugin installed for IDV
> > that you are using with Mc-V?
> It is not in a plugin. It is the standard list you get when invoking 3D
> grids.

I'm guessing that it's still a plugin issue.  Does this problem occur with
other grids, or just the ECMWF grid?   If so, try the following:

- exit the IDV
- move your ~/.unidata/idv/DefaultIdv/plugins directory to plugins.save
- restart the IDV, load the grid and see if you still have the same problem.

If not, then one of your plugins must have a jython procedure that is calling
Mean.  Exit the IDV, move the plugins directory back and restart.  You could
use the Jython Editor to look through the libraries and search for Mean to find
the culprit.

If that doesn't solve the problem, then I'll have to think about this some more.

> > The error indicatest that it can't find the Mean method/procedure.

Don

Ticket ID: REU-864506
Department: Support IDV