[IDV #KJX-624232]: Accessing EUMETEOSAT Satellite Data

Hi Jacob-

> Full Name: Jacob Gore
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware: Java: home: /home/jacob/IDV_2.7u2/jre version: 1.6.0_13 j3d:1.5.2
> fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: I have a question regarding Europe's METEOSAT
> Satellite data.  I see in the data chooser of the IDV that there is a
> particular server called
> EUMETEOSAT and when I attempt to access this server I get a window requiring
> login information.  Is there a way for me to have privilages to
> access this data?  Just wanted to ask; if not I understand.  Thanks!

The EUMETSAT server is restricted and you need to have an account to log in.
We provide it in the list as a convenience to those IDV users who do have
accounts.  These accounts are not available to the general IDV community
though.  Meteosat data has restrictions on it's use and realtime availability.

You can access some Meteosat imagery from the satepsanone.nesdis.noaa.gov
server in the PUB dataset.  Look at the Image Types that begin with MEGLOB.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: KJX-624232
Department: Support IDV