[IDV #DSN-496768]: IDV not generating aerological profiles (soundings)

Hi Simon-

> Test file has been uploaded.
>
> simon-rfs.nc

Thanks for the sample file.

The basic problem is that the units for Temperature are not specified
correctly.  "degrees C" is not a valid specification for Celsius.  It is
getting interpreted at "degrees Coulomb" since C is the international standard
for Coulomb.  If you change the spec to "Celsius" or "degree_C", then you can
plot the soundings.  I've attached an NcML file that you can put in the same
directory which will override the unit spec and let you load in the file.  Load
that in instead of the netCDF file.

However, at this point, it does not use the pressure field, but uses the
pressure of the model heights in the standard atmosphere. It will take some
work to use the actual pressures and I'll leave that for when we revamp the
sounding display sometime in the future.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: DSN-496768
Department: Support IDV